BUILDING POLITICAL POWER FROM THE GRASSROOTS
We have long flanked movements by supporting innovation, risk taking, strategic moments and long term grassroots organizing. Our contribution as a funding partner rests, in part, on our ability to be deeply connected and responsive to our movement partners' larger vision so we can help fund their stated needs and the evolution of those needs over time.
We fund organizations working to build progressive political power through different strategies including civic engagement, developing candidates, and building lasting campaigns and political organizations. We make multi-year commitments to organizations so they can take risks and innovate.
NOTES FROM THE FIELD
Solidaire’s C4 strategy is driven by our grounding values to build movement infrastructure while organizing to liberate wealth. This strategy also enables us to demonstrate the impact of moving money directly to our movement partners rather than through donor-centered intermediaries with uneven values, praxis and results.
Our movement partners are advancing some of the most powerful visions for electoral justice and social change in the nation:
- Yes 4 Minneapolis' Action to Transform Public Safety Together: End-of-Campaign Report (Yes 4 Minneapolis)
- Texas Working Families Party Announces 2022 Congressional Endorsements in Texas (Working Families)
- Warehouse Workers for Justice Named As a Recipient of Cook County and Chicago Bar Foundation Outreach Grants (Warehouse Workers for Justice)
- Pima County Attorney’s “New” Bail Policy Isn’t New at All (Mas Liberation AZ)
- The Freedom Papers (Dream Defenders)
- Bay Area Candidate and Ballot Initiative Endorsements (APEN Action)
- Voices for Timber Country (Firelands Workers Action)
- COVID inequities show why Ohio’s fair map mandate must not be ignored: Jeniece Brock (Ohio Organizing Collaborative)
Read below for more to find out what our network and movement partners have been up to.